DNV GL Business Assurance AS (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy (together with our end-user licence agreement as set out at https://www.dnvgl.com/assurance/sustainablei/terms-of-use.html.
- DNV GL SustainableI® mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is [DNV GL Business Assurance AS, Veritasveien 1, 1363 Høvik, Norway of Veritasveien 1, 1363 Høvik, Norway.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App Site or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use our Apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, (Device Information); details of your use of our Apps
- Location information. We may also use [GPS technology] to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by switching off your location settings on your mobile device.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you download or use the App to the following third parties:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If DNV GL Business Assurance AS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to
- enforce or apply the TERMS OF SERVICE, or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of DNV GL Business Assurance AS our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at DNV GL Business Assurance AS, Veritasveien 1, 1322 Høvik, Norway.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.