To consolidate a control design basis for floating wind turbines.
- Verification of linear models produced using Bladed.
- Analysis of stability margins and generation of performance metrics.
- Baseline floating controller development.
- IPC to reduce tower nod and roll.
- Generator torque to reduce roll.
- MIMO control design methods.
Enhanced technology control design for floating turbines.
Quote from DNV GL project expert
“We secured a number of commercial contracts in 2014 and 2015 by establishing our ambition to be at the forefront of advanced control strategy research for floating wind.”
Francesco Vanni, Project Engineer, DNV GL - Energy