Taiwan Power Company (TPC), Republic of China, Taiwan.
TPC is a vertically integrated state-owned utility. TPC’s core businesses are in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity. It is the sole power sales company in Taiwan, Republic of China.
At present, TPC’s Feeder Dispatch Control System (FDCS) are deployed in more than 20 control centres across Taiwan. FDCS SCADA/DMS systems monitor and control the distribution network of the 11 kV and 22 kV feeders. The systems are in operation for more than 10 years and TPC is strategizing it's distribution operation in view of future challenges.
DNV GL is engaged to provide distribution strategy development which includes Next Generation SCADA/(A)DMS conceptual design, cyber security for OT systems, digital infrastructure assessment, distribution systems (OT and IT) road mapping, control centre design and change management.
Major activities include:
- AS-IS Assessment: determining the current operation, system, organisational structure etc. of TPC
- Technology Scanning: scanning the market for technology that helps to optimise TPC operations
- Utilities Benchmarking: analysing advanced utilities with similar structure and benchmark against their process/programs/operation
- Deriving the TO-BE requirements for future operation
- Gap Analysis between AS-IS and TO-BE and deriving roadmap to close the identified gaps
- Digitalisation Roadmap for systems/processes within the distribution operation
- Conceptual design of the next generation SCADA/(A)DMS system
- Design of a state-of-the-art distribution control centres
- Prospective organisational structure and strategy for future distribution operations