Norske Skog chose Synergi Life
Norske Skog is a global supplier of publication paper with activities on all continents except Africa. The company is a major user of recovered paper, and the world’s biggest newsprint paper producer. Norske Skog encourage employees to "Take Care 24 Hours", focus on health and safety in private as well as at work.
Benefits for Norske Skog
- Using Synergi Life, Norske Skog has improved the overall H1 factor (lost time injuries per million hours worked)
- Through measuring H&S, Synergi Life facilitates management's benchmarking of mills world wide
- Synergi Life makes up the necessary platform for a common understanding of the H&S policy and communication across the various units, cultures and countries
Stand-alone systems, or lack of system on the mills around the globe made communication of the same platforms for H&S work impossible.
Implementation of the Synergi Life risk management software with language independent statistics.
Why we chose DNV GL:
- DNV GL’s consultants are professional both in respect of Norske Skog’s particular business and software implementation
- Good relations and an extremely high degree of service is a matter of course
This is what we gained:
- Synergi Life is used proactively by Norske Skog as a health and safety management system to prevent unwanted incidents and accidents and to control rest risk
- Every bit of H&S-relevant information is put into Synergi Life to achieve the knowledge and consciousness needed to fulfil Norske Skog’s H&S policy
NORSKE SKOG IN BRIEF
Norske Skog is a world leading producer of newsprint and magazine paper. The group has 14 fully or partly owned mills in 11 countries and an annual production capacity of 4.4 million tonnes. Employs a total of about 8000 people worldwide, with 1500 in Norway.