To integrate WindFarmer and DNV GL's fatigue loads database (FLD) in a fully tested and optimized internal tool.
- Extension of FLD structure and re-coding in Python.
- Define general I/O protocol between WindFarmer and FLD to accommodate future functionality extensions.
- Incorporation of cost models.
- Results of tool testing.
- General documentation.
- The ability to consider wind farm production and loading effects in an integrated manner, allowing project specific cost optimization.
- A more sophisticated approach to wind farm layout design and sector management control.
Quote from DNV GL project expert
“The work has provided the means to introduce turbine loading and user-defined cost functions into the layout optimization problem which could be extended to optimize wind farm control strategies or be adapted for onshore applications.”
John King, Team Leader, DNV GL - Energy