Our complaint handling process is valid for complaints raised by any stakeholder. DNV GL encourages its customers to provide regular feedback during projects and through our “customer feedback survey”. If for any reason this is not possible, please follow the process described below.
Stakeholders include our existing customers and other interested parties, for example customers of our customers.
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction sent to DNV GL and related to either how we deliver our services, the content of our services or how we organize our work.
A complaint can be recorded by making use of our contact form.
Once received, the complaint is handled as follows:
- The complaint is registered in our complaint handling system
- A person responsible for the handling of the complaint is appointed and relevant management is notified
- An initial response is sent to the complainant within 2 working days, as a minimum to acknowledge the receipt of the complaint
- The complaint is validated based on the information collected, then is analyzed and the required corrections and corrective actions are decided upon and implemented
- A DNV GL authorized person in the complaint-handling process will contact the complainant on the outcome of the process and DNV GL’s decision. Together we will determine if the actions taken are considered satisfactory.
Complaints addressing the performance of one of our customers will normally be forwarded to the customer for their considerations and response. All other complaints will be kept confidential unless otherwise agreed with the complainant.