Expertise in action: a project case
Advanced control algorithm design in Asia
DNV GL’s Turbine Engineering Support department are working with a number of wind turbine Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in Asia on advanced control algorithm design.
Areas of focus include:
- The use of input from nacelle mounted Lidar to the control algorithm which can help to reduce turbine loading and pitch activity
- On-line high frequency load estimation which can be used to estimate fatigue damage and inform supervisory control actions
- Wind farm control design where the control of the entire wind farm is optimised to achieve increased energy capture and reduced fatigue loading through set point control and yaw alignment control.
As well as providing the control design services, our teams are also supporting through technology transfer, training and ongoing support through the implementation and validation stages.
DNV GL and wind
DNV GL has been leading the industry to meet the most robust challenges for over 35 years. Through our world leading independent expertise in wind turbine technology, design and analysis, we support the industry to design more reliable and cost effective turbines, which maximises turbine performance.
We have been involved in the concept design of more than 15 different wind turbine concepts ranging from 1.0 MW to 20 MW.
Our world class control team have also pioneered the development of wind farm control techniques – where turbines are controlled as an integrated wind farm power station rather than simply as individual units
Some of the things David can help you with:
- Technology evaluation
- Numerical modelling & simulation
- Cost modelling
- Control system design and implementation
- Structural and mechanical design support
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Perhaps one of our other experts can help...