2019 Electric Grid User Seminar
Join us for the 2019 Electric Grid User Seminar at Sunriver Resort in Sunriver, Oregon.
Welcome to your meeting!The annual Electric Grid user seminar is an event to gather Cascade, LOAD and Synergi Electric users for utility presentations, customer showcases, industry networking, training, product information, and more! This four-day event will engage users in a variety of product seminars. By the end of the conference you will learn new tools and techniques for using our software, gain perspective on current trends, and contribute your own thoughts on how the future product releases should evolve.
Sessions will focus on:
- Cascade for utility asset management and predictive maintenance
- Synergi Electric for power distribution system and electrical simulation software
- Cascade Foresight for assessing the health and risk of critical electric grid assets
- Cascade Insight for grid analytics and data visualization
- LOAD for facility ratings management and NERC compliance software
Our keynote speaker this year is Dr. Julio Romero Aguero, Chief Innovation and Transformation Officer at JEA. He has extensive US and international experience, strong and unique combination of business leadership, managerial know-how, and in-depth technical expertise in the electric power industry, consulting, research, renewable energies, emerging technologies, and Smart Grid. He has over 20 years of experience developing solutions for electric utilities and regulatory boards in the USA, Canada, Latin America, The Caribbean, and Asia.
In addition to our keynote speaker, we will cover topics on the digital transformation path and industry trends and challenges.
We are back once again at the beautiful Sunriver Resort. It has been a premiere Northwest vacation destination thanks to it's picturesque views, unparalleled recreational opportunities and it's close proximity to the happening town of Bend, Oregon. This gorgeous lodge delivers a variety of activities to include full service spa and fitness center, nature observatory hiking trails, horseback riding, biking and a host of other outdoor activities for you to take advantage with all central Oregon has to offer.
Hotel booking deadline is August 7, 2019. Be sure to mention the Electric Grid User Seminar when booking your room. When planning your travel, please look at flying into Redmond Municipal Airport located in Redmond, OR. Redmond Municipal is 40 minutes away from Sunriver. Please contact Sunriver prior to travel to inquire after shuttle pick-up.
Available room packages (single occupancy/double occupancy):
- Lodge Village Guestroom: $1404.64 / $931.88
- Lodge Village Guestroom (per diem): $1,019.44 / $739.29
- River Lodge Guestroom: $1,604.76 / $1,031.96
- River Lodge Guestroom (upgrade): $1,404.64 / $931.88
- Lodge Village Suite: $1654.80 / 1056.96
- Lodge Village Suite (upgrade): $1404.64 / $931.88
Tuesday Early Release Activities
We will have an early release Tuesday at 4:00 pm to give you an opportunity to enjoy all that Sunriver Resort has to offer. We've coordinated a selection of activities to choose from including fly fishing, kayaking and mountain biking. Details below. Be sure to select your preference when registering. There is a maximum # of participants depending on the activity as well as a small fee. This information will be disclosed during the registration process.
- Benham Falls Mountain Bike Tour - Join our guides as they lead your group through tall, old growth trees within the Deschutes National Forest. Stop along the way to take in the scenery of the Deschutes River. At your destination, guides will share geological history of the falls and allow participants to explore and take photos of this natural wonder.
- Brews and Cruise History Bike Tour – Hop on one of our resort cruiser bikes and pedal around property for this historical tour. Learn about Camp Abbot time in Sunriver and other nature news along the way. Your tour ends at the Backyard where participants enjoy a flight of some of our many micro-brewery selections.
- Fly Fishing- Our guide service can provide guides (up to 6) and each guide can work with up to 6 participants. max participation is set at 36 ppl. the pricing starts at $50 each and will vary depending on how many hours you want to go.
- Wanderlust Brew Tour - Grab a taste of Pacific Northwest craft culture on the Bend Brew Bus or The Local Pour! Let us take you behind the scenes of Bend's breweries, and artisan distilleries - all while enjoying complimentary samples. We'll pick you up and take you to our favorite spots in Bend for tastings, appetizers, and educational tours. Includes, Door-to-door transportation*, Expert guide, Locally-crafted beer Tastings, Brewing facility tours & educational talks, Light appetizers at one stop, Bend Ale Trail stamps
- Benham Butte 6-Mile Float - Meet at the marina to float in a canoe, kayak, raft or stand up paddle board, float the 6 miles and then be shuttled back to the Marina or Lodge based on prior arrangements. 2-3 hour duration.