Windsor Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0AG, United Kingdom
The Runnymede on Thames Hotel
When:14 September 2017, 09:30 - 13:30Add to calendar 2017/09/14 09:30 2017/09/14 13:30 Achieving efficiency gains using Sesam for offshore wind Technical showcase of Sesam for the design and analysis of offshore renewable structures
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. The Runnymede on Thames Hotel https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
Free of charge
- Attend: Register here
How can structural and hydrodynamic analysis experience from the oil and gas industry combined with specifics for the wind industry be applied to structural analysis of bottom fixed and floating offshore wind turbines support structures?
DNV GL invites you to a seminar to present and demonstrate examples of how Sesam software can make your design, redesign and analysis processes more efficient.
Agenda:09:00 - 09:30 Registration
09:30 - 09:45 Welcome and introduction to Sesam
09:45 - 11:00 Sesam for fixed OWT
11:00 - 11:15 Break
11:15 - 12:30 Sesam for floating OWT
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch and mingling
- Structural analysis capabilities in Sesam
- Sesam and Bladed in an integrated workflow
- Sesam and Bladed in a superelement analysis workflow
- Fast and efficient data transfer between Sesam and Bladed
- Efficient concept studies using scripting
- Cloud-enabled time domain simulations
- Time domain animation
- Efficient and fast redesign
- Modelling complete floating wind turbine system in Sesam marine
- Dynamic operation in real sea environment for floating wind turbine
- Coupling effect analysis between aerodynamic, hydrodynamic and mooring system
- Load creation and structural analysis of the support structure
Laurens Alblas has been working as a Technical Support Engineer for Sesam in DNV GL – Software at Høvik, Norway, since 2012. He specializes in support cases and user courses related to fixed offshore structures in general and offshore wind structures in particular.
Torgeir Kirkhorn Vada has been working at DNV GL with the Sesam software product since 1997 and is Product Manager Floating structures, Design & Engineering, based at DNVGL - Software, Høvik, Norway.
Jo Fan Zhang has many years of hydrodynamic and structural analysis experience and deepwater offshore design competence. He is based at the DNV GL office in Shanghai and is Product Manager - Marine Dynamics.