Koninklijke bibliotheek Brussel - Royal Sky Room
When:11 October 2017Add to calendar 2017/10/11 08:00 2017/10/11 10:30 Energy Storage, more than the ‘new kid in town'? Breakfast session
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. Koninklijke bibliotheek Brussel - Royal Sky Room https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
- Website: https://www.kbr.be/nl/bereikbaarheid
- Attend: Register for this breakfast event
VALUATING ENERGY STORAGE
Energy storage is seen as a unique technology to enable flexibility and cost-effective facilitation of grid modernization, with full potential for renewable energy generation and distribution. Early stage energy storage projects have been traditionally funded through cash or owner-operated sources in demonstration projects. Many recent examples throughout the world show that energy storage projects are becoming bankable. Compared to financing in wind and solar, energy storage shows in several cases the potential for multiple use applications enabling variable revenue streams. So, can we conclude that there is also a market for energy storage in Belgium?
On Wednesday 11 October 2017, DNV GL and KBC, with contributions from REstore, will guide you through some of the most important aspects of an energy storage business case. Of course, there is plenty of room for questions and interaction with experts.
- Luc Dossche (Sales and Business Development Manager) from REstore will share his view on the current and future position of storage in a flexibility portfolio in the Belgian market. Is storage competitive with other flexibility options like demand response?
- Bart Delusinne (Head of CEE Corporate Finance) from KBC. Topic of his speech will be: “Energy Storage Financing” comparing different financing options (Equity / Debt) illustrated with existing projects in the US and the UK.
- Haike van de Vegte (Business leader energy storage) from DNV GL will discuss short and midterm global techno-economic trends and the influence on bankability of storage. Is Belgium significantly different in this perspective?
- In a short and interactive discussion with the 3 speakers and the audience, we will take a step in the appreciation of storage, the new kid in town. Will storage have established its reputation when the ball gets rolling?
Don't hesitate and register for our exclusive breakfast event today! Please register at your earliest convenience, as space is limited. This event is free of charge (we appreciate a notification if you are not able to join and you already signed in).
October 11, 2017, 08:00 - 10:30.
Koninklijke bibliotheek Brussel
Royal Sky Room
Kunstberg, 1000 Brussel - link
We look forward to meeting you.