When:04 September 2017, 09:30 - 11:30Add to calendar 2017/09/04 09:30 2017/09/04 11:30 Europe/London Energy Transition Outlook The inaugural launch of DNV GL's global outlook
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. Bloomberg Auditorium https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
At a time of uncertainty for energy stakeholders, the Energy Transition Outlook provides a balanced forecast of our energy future through to 2050, from an organization with an equal footing in fossil and renewable energy.
Group President & CEO Remi Eriksen says, "Profound changes in the energy mix await us, and more than 70% of our business is related to energy in one or other form. That is why we have launched a project to model the energy transition, and to produce impactful, world-class reports on the nature, timing and industry implications of the transition. An independent, expert view – no wishful thinking – on the energy transition is a critical exercise both for ourselves and our customers."
- Is it possible to build a ‘central case’ for the coming energy transition?
- What is the world’s forecast energy mix in 2050?
- Will efficiencies see a decoupling of energy from economic growth?
- Will humanity’s total energy use peak by mid-century?
- What is likely to be the largest primary energy source in 2050: Oil? Gas? PV? Wind?
- How will the energy transition play out in the world’s main regions?
- What are the implications of the transition for oil & gas? And for renewables?
- Where will investment be needed?
- Are we on track for the Paris Agreement?
Energy industry leaders and influencers will join DNV GL in exploring these questions and more on the 4th of September.
DNV GL’s Group CEO and President Remi Eriksen will open with a keynote on the main findings and themes.
This will be followed by a panel debate moderated by Gabrielle Walker, featuring:
- Lord Oxburgh (Geologist)
- Nina Skorupska (REA)
- Simon Davies (Bank of Tokyo)
- Pauline Walsh (National Grid)
- John Knight (Statoil)
- Elisabeth Tørstad (DNV GL - Oil & Gas CEO)
DNV GL - Energy CEO Ditlev Engel will give the closing message.
Please note: access to this event is by invitation only.