London, Great Britain
Novotel London West Hotel, Hammersmith International Centre
05 February 2019Add to calendar 2019/02/05 08:00 2019/02/05 17:45 Europe/London European Dynamic Positioning Conference 2019 This Conference is an intensive one-day event that takes place on the day preceding the Annual Offshore Support Journal conference.
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. Novotel London West Hotel, Hammersmith International Centre https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
- Website: https://www.dynamicpositioningeurope.com/index.htm
Senior speakers from leading organisations share insights on the latest developments including training, safety and regulations.
The time is right for the next chapter in the evolution of Dynamic Positioning (DP).
More consistent oil pricing leads to more energy exploration which in turn leads to greater investment in technology and in increased industry optimism.
Although oversupply of DP vessels remains, opportunities exist in the increased functionality of DP and scope of usage, driven by developments in more challenging environments and advancements in integrated solutions and autonomous operation.
Industry regulations, standards and best practices for safe operation are evolving. The sector must keep up.
DNV GL has two speakers on the Agenda:
Working with Class rules and MTS Guidelines
- Experience with MTS Guidance
- Class Rules and MTS Guidance
- Compliance in an Objective Driven Environment
- Simplifying requirements through a knowledge of fundamentals
- Progress on the DNVGL DPO Certification scheme
Dr Steven Cargill, DP Technical Authority, DNV GL & Member, MTS DP Sub Committee on Guidance & Standards
Preparing for the future: what needs to be addressed now?
- The use of AI in DP Systems
- Remote access systems/autonomous operation – how is the industry embracing the rapid developments taking place?
- Sensor capabilities
- Decision algorithms
Arnstein Eknes, Segment Director, Offshore Service Vessels, DNV GL