Koninklijke bibliotheek Brussel
When:01 June 2017Add to calendar 2017/06/01 08:00 2017/06/01 10:15 Investing in energy assets Breakfast session
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. Koninklijke bibliotheek Brussel https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
- Website: https://www.kbr.be/nl/bereikbaarheid
- Attend: Event venue
INVESTING IN ENERGY ASSETS
Rapid developments in the energy sector, such as dropping prices for offshore wind tenders, new technologies like storage, increase of renewable energy sources, and renewables becoming more mature, impact valuation of your energy assets. Knowing how to deal with these developments and uncertainties is an important aspect when making investment decisions (investing, divesting, life-time extension, revitalization, amortization). Energy asset valuation requires in-depth understanding of energy markets, legal aspects and asset operations, but also of financial modelling of the risks.
On Thursday 1 June 2017, DNV GL and KBC, with contributions from EDF Luminus and Fieldfisher, will guide you through the most important aspects of investing in energy assets. Get insight in specifics of energy asset valuation. Of course there is plenty of room for questions and interaction with experts.
- Wim De Backer (Director Large projects) from EDF Luminus will illustrate the importance of policy and market mechanisms in the valuation of energy assets with the case of the district heating in the city of Ghent.
- David Haverbeke (Partner at Fieldfisher, specialized in Energy) and Thomas Lenné (Partner at Fieldfisher, specialized in M&A) from Fieldfisher will elaborate on current legal risks when investing in energy assets: what are the specific issues in relation to valuation of energy generation assets (e.g. certificates, life extension), network assets or services (e.g. energy saving contracts, demand-side aggregation)? How to value these risks in the financial model?
- Bert Derudder (Commercial and Corporate Engineer) from KBC. Topic of his speech will be: Financing renewables from a senior debt perspective. How do banks look at renewable energy projects and what are the main drivers in the tradeoff between a project finance approach and a corporate finance approach.
- Carmen Wouters (Consultant Market & Policy Development))from DNV GL will present about power price curve forecasting. Which curves to be used in the financial model? How to capture market developments in power price curves? Which sensitivities can be distinguished? What is the impact of scenarios on the future yield?
We offer you this platform where various stakeholders with interests in the energy industry will meet and share insights and best practices. We have invited a small and select group of people - for optimal interaction - coming from the finance industry, from utilities and of course project developers. There will be plenty of room for discussion and networking over coffee in a relaxed setting.
Don't hesitate and register for our exclusive breakfast event today! Please register at your earliest convenience, as space is limited. This event is free of charge (we appreciate a notification if you are not able to join and you already signed in).
Thursday 1 June 2017, 08:00 - 10:30.
Koninklijke bibliotheek Brussel
Royal Sky Room
Kunstberg, 1000 Brussel - link
We look forward to meeting you.