02 July 2019, 09:00 - 17:00Add to calendar 2019/07/02 09:00 2019/07/02 17:00 Asia/Taipei Proactive management strategies for future-proof grids Join DNV GL experts for an official pre-conference workshop before the ICEE Conference 2019 in Hong Kong
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
DNV GL will be hosting a complimentary workshop, ‘Proactive management strategies for future-proof grids’ on the evening of Tuesday 2 July, a day before the ICEE Conference 2019 in Hong Kong,
About the event
DNV GL’s 2018 Energy Transition Outlook predicts that global electricity consumption will more than double by 2050 to meet 45% of world energy demand. This signals the need for a massive increase in the capacity and connectivity of electricity grids, as well the modernization of ageing grids that were built decades ago when electricity needs were much simpler.
To overcome these challenges and prepare for future demand, many utilities are now looking into a smart grid operations. This includes:
- Modernizing system planning to include planned distributed storage and other options for a smart grid
- An intelligent communication and digitized energy network delivering energy in an optimal way from source to consumption.
- A smarter asset management strategy to maximize objectives through balancing performance, risks and expenditures with the life cycles of system assets
In this workshop, our experts will cover these three areas through the following key topics:
- The potential applications of energy storage for utilities
- Cyber Security
- Enterprise data management
- Managing power assets for maximum performance
Please click here to register as seating is limited.