A vessel’s hydrodynamic performance is an important factor in its fuel efficiency and life cycle costs. Understanding the characteristics that shape performance can result in a competitive advantage during the conceptual design and bidding phase of a newbuilding project, or during the purchasing process and charter party negotiations for vessels in service.
Virtual trial is relevant for design offices, ship yards and owners of all ship types.
This agenda will cover:
- The importance of great hydrodynamic performance over the lifespan of a vessel
- Key enablers to achieve a great hull design
- Methods for performance assessment and benchmarking during design and operation of a vessel
- Virtual towing tank
- Ship trials in the virtual world
- Virtual Trial for everybody
- My DNV GL Virtual Trial app demonstration
In the following Q&A session we will have enough time to answer your questions.
Your presenter will be DNV GL’s Carsten Hahn, Senior Project Engineer, Fluid Engineering Department.
Unable to attend?
Register for the 2nd session:
Thursday, 2 November: 10.00 - 10.45 a.m. CEST
We will provide the slides and the recording after the webinar to all registrants.