Add to calendar 2019/01/29 09:00 2019/01/29 10:00 Webinar: Cloud FEA for offshore wind projects Structural analysis in the cloud for reduced analysis time
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
Free of charge
- Attend: Register here
The required analyses needed for design and strength assessment of offshore wind projects are increasing. Additionally, there is pressure on project teams to work faster and more cost efficiently. Significant computational power is needed to do all necessary design iterations within the required project time frame.
DNV GL’s cloud FEA compute services give access to virtually unlimited computational power. Users can run structural analyses in the cloud, enabling fast, simultaneous runs of many load cases.
- Introduction to modelling in Sesam and Bladed
- Generation of foundation superelements and wave loads in the cloud
- Structural analysis based on superelement, wave loads and wind turbine to generate wind turbine interface loads in the cloud
- Structural analysis using foundation, wave and wind turbine interface loads in the cloud
- Viewing results in the cloud using Sesam Insight
- Re-running post-processing for redesign in the cloud
- Latest updates in Sesam and Bladed
About the speakers:
Laurens Alblas has been working in DNV GL at Høvik, Norway, since 2012 and has a background in aerospace engineering and wind energy. He is currently Product Manager for Sesam for offshore wind, responsible for further improving and optimizing the way strength assessment software is being used in the offshore wind industry.
William Collier is a Chartered Engineer with the position of Senior Engineer at DNV GL, specialising in numerical modelling of wind turbines. He is primarily responsible for the structural dynamics modelling in the aero-elastic modelling code Bladed and has extensive experience of load simulation and validation studies for wind turbines.