Complimentary Live Webinar (60 minute duration)
Tuesday 8 December 2020
10:00 (GMT)/11:00 (CET)
The European Commission has set targets for member states to cut greenhouse gas emissions (from 1990 levels) by to 40% (potentially increasing to 55%) and improve in energy efficiency to at least 32.5% by 2030.
Therefore, reducing emissions and achieving net zero will become a minimum standard which businesses have to demonstrate to operate in many markets, particularly within the European Union.
But what challenges exist for businesses to meet these obligations? What policy drivers could impact business? How do they best prioritize their options? Do they have a clear roadmap to achieve emissions reductions?
Join our forthcoming webinar series which answers each of these questions and provides you with actionable insight.
Managing your carbon footprint | 10:00 (GMT)/11:00 (CET)
How can you understand the carbon footprint of your business? We will discuss the steps required to have a solid understanding of your carbon footprint, with potential actions to reduce emissions in your own facilities (scope 1), as well as influencing your supply chain (scope 3), including:
- Relevant standards like ISO 14064-1 and the GHG protocol to quantify your CO2 emissions
- Quality of emissions baseline, data capture, data quality, internal controls & procedures
- Third party assurance – ISO 14064-3 and/or ISAE 3000 (sustainability report)
- Defining reduction options (Energy Audit (EN 16247), Energy management system (ISO 50001), Energy Efficiency, Biomass, Controls, Carbon Offsets & Claims, in Supply Chain)
- Scope 3 challenges and influencing your supply chain. How to involve your value chain partners and how to obtain scope 3 consumption data and emission factors?