If not already fitted with a BWM system for the D-2 standard, all ships in international voyage and with ballast water capacity or tanks must be fitted with a D-2-compliant ballast water treatment system by the next IOPP renewal survey at the latest. This webinar highlights the main issues.
- Regulatory compliance status and timeline, e.g. D-2 due date at next IOPP renewal, recoupling of IOPP
- Overview of different types of ballast water treatment systems installed, and typical approval systematics
- Recommendations for effective installation and commissioning tests
- Malfunction of BWM system, and contingency measures
- Further relevant topics related to the BWM Convention
- Q&A session
You can choose between two sessions on 22 August 2019:
09:00 -10:00 or 16:00 - 17:00 (Central European Summer Time).
This webinar is mainly relevant for vessel owners and managers as well as yards, but also other maritime stakeholders may benefit.
Your presenters will be Liliana Castro, Team Leader BWM Approval and Jens Kohnagel, BWM Project Manager, both from DNV GL – Maritime.