Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Website: https://windeurope.org/confex2017/?ref=WindEurope
Proud to support
DNV GL is proud to be contributing to and exhibiting at Wind Europe Conference & Exhibition. We will be located on stand ID50.
We are committed to leading or supporting a wide range of industry initiatives designed to reduce risk and prevent mistakes. We have also helped develop tools, guidelines and standards that enable the wind industry to deliver optimized projects, as well as Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) to develop industry best practices.
Experts from DNV GL will showcase a range of offshore wind expertise during the conference:
DNV GL's CEO Remi Eriksen will share his vision on ‘The outlook for wind in Europe and our future business models’ in a plenary panel discussion on the opening morning of the conference.
Expert talks at our stand ID50
During the conference and exhibition, we will present a program of expert talks at stand 1D50. In short, interactive sessions, (scheduled at several times during the exhibition) our experts present their visions on and solutions for wind industry challenges.
If you are planning a wind farm development or looking to make an investment, you need a reliable estimate of the energy production. Throughout the planning process, you will also need to update this estimate many times to understand different wind farm design options. WindFarmer: Analyst is an energy assessment tool based on DNV GL’s proven methodologies developed over several decades of experience. Come to our presentation and learn how WindFarmer: Analyst can help you to streamline your energy assessment process, saving you money and providing accurate energy production assessments. On November 29 we will officially launch our tool at our stand. You are welcome to join us.
In the highly competitive landscape of bidding and winning offshore auctions to build wind projects, we support many customers in competitive auctions. In this session, we present you the key success factors to maximize performance, minimize CAPEX and OPEX and manage the risks of your wind project. More info.
WindGEMINI digital twin for wind turbine operations
WindGEMINI online digital twin gives owners and operators of wind farms 24/7 access to advanced wind turbine condition and performance analytics, enabling them to make informed wind operation decisions. It includes several modules which model different aspects of an operating wind turbine and are updated in real time using data from the wind farm. The modules currently include fatigue life estimation, drivetrain condition monitoring, power curve performance watchdog and structural integrity analysis. More modules will be developed in 2018. We will present the framework, the individual algorithms and some case studies.
Power Price Forecasting
Financiers of wind projects want to get a better understanding and insight in the price formation process, to be able to proactively anticipate effects of unknowns. Exposure, also merchant risk, nowadays has such an effect that it can kill a business case, where it used to be able to withstand. Recently, we see a lot of developments going in the market. In this presentation we will tell you more about the plans we have to launch DNV GL’s Power Price Curves. These will give you insight into and understanding of price dynamics (volatility, granularity and sensitivity) and provides more certainty and support in the process of tactical decisions.
Report Launch: Certification for the Wind Energy of Tomorrow
When: 29 November, 11 am, meetingroom: D303, Elicium
Certification needs to evolve to support the upcoming growth and innovation in the wind industry. DNV GL carried out a survey of key stakeholders in the industry, to assess where and what evolution is required. Join our presentation to find out what the industry thinks about the value of certification, how certification schemes for each life-cycle phase should develop and where digitalization can bring a substantial benefit. Register here
Also, DNV GL experts will be chairing several conference sessions and give poster presentations.
- Michael Wilkinson, Service Line Leader Asset Integrity& Performance, will chair the session ‘Predicting fatigue and lifetime of operating wind assets’ on Thursday, 30 November 2017, from 09:30-10:45.
- Lars Landberg, Group Leader, Renewables, will chair the session ’Conventional vs new measurement methods: where is the future of resource assessment?’ on Thursday, 30 November 2017 from 11:30-12:45.
- Carla Ribeiro, Head of Department Project Development, will chair the session ‘Extreme weather conditions: challenges for wind power production’ on Thursday, 30 November 2017 from 15:45-17:00.
- Kai Freudenreich will give a poster presentation on ‘Low temperature and icing climate conditions – two new recommended practises’
- Carla Ribeiro will give a poster presentation on ‘Decrease offshore wind LCoE through a global validation of mesoscale models’
- Emilie Brackman will give a poster presentation on
- ‘How to manage risks for future offshore wind farms’
- Floating Wind for Investors – risks and opportunities in the emerging market
- Kim Mortstock will give a poster presentation on ‘Data mining to reduce risk and better predict P90 performance’
- Serena Negrente will give a poster presentation on ‘Determination of the wind speed trend over the last years and its impact on wind energy production. Specific case study: Northern France and neighbouring countries.’
- Hans Cleijne will give a poster presentation on ‘Synthetic power purchase agreements – what can we learn from the US market?’
- Michael Wilkinson will give a poster presentation on
- ‘An online digital twin for smart wind farm operations’
- ‘Comparison of operational energy production assessment methodologies’
Poster presentations will take place on Thursday, 30 November 2017, 10:45 - 11:30.
To pre-book a meeting or for any further information, please email email@example.com.