Moving to digital
Digitally signed electronic documents are becoming easier, more secure and more common in all industries, shipping included. DNV GL is the first classification society to achieve full-scale production capability of electronic certificates. This enables issuance of electronic certificates on the entire DNV GL fleet of vessels at the first periodical survey after the roll out, subject to respective Flag acceptance.
Ship owners and managers, as well as flag states and port state authorities, vetting agencies and many other companies will benefit from a paperless class and statutory regime. Managing, sharing, storing and verifying the authenticity of certificates is easy and secure with DNV GL’s support.
With electronic certificates from DNV GL,
- owners and other stakeholders can save time and money because of a reduced administrative burden,
- paper handling is eliminated (printing, scanning, archiving),
- certificates can be easily shared with stakeholders using access codes,
- the latest certificates are always made available on My DNV GL Fleet Status,
- there is no risk of losing a certificate.