DNV GL in Greece - meeting customers’ needs and adding value
The Greek market is a very important one in shipping. So to support our many customers in the region, DNV GL has decided to expand the responsibilities of its Piraeus office. We are deepening the local skill and competence pool available to our Greek customers, to deliver an expanded and enhanced service portfolio.
DNV GL will work to improve response times and strengthen capabilities in Greece, with a focus on delivering services and conducting business directly from the Piraeus office. To achieve this, we are introducing a number of initiatives:
- Giving additional authority for local decision-making to the Piraeus office which includes also the allocation of a Chief Surveyor, ensuring an even quicker response time for our local customers
- Enhancing our Maritime Service Centre & Advisory (MSC) to cover execution and coordination of all fleet in service approvals, with extended CAP authority
- Shifting the global responsibility for the tanker and bulk carrier segments to Piraeus
- Expanding the existing research and development team and targeting their work primarily to the needs of the local maritime community
- Introducing a global network of Greek-speaking surveyors in different countries around the world
Additionally, DNV GL has expanded the responsibilities of the Greek offices and put a new organizational structure in place. On the following pages, you will find the contact details for all of the people holding key positions at DNV GL Piraeus.
The DNV GL key services in Greece are
- Chief surveyor located in Piraeus
- Full range of classification services
- Pre-contract services
- Maritime advisory including consulting, engineering, software and training
- All DNV GL services available, technical teams located in Piraeus
- CAP services by a strong team of specialists
- Plan approval for ships in service (fleet in service)
- Expertise in all ship types and sizes, with a particular focus on bulker, tanker and container vessels
- Global network of Greek-speaking surveyors (fleet in service, newbuilding, project managers, customer service managers) in the USA, London, Belgium, the Netherlands, the UAE, Singapore, China and South Korea
- Research and development unit
- Strong customer service team
- Maritime Academy Hellas with a wide range of courses
Digital Class Services
DATE – Direct Access to Technical Experts for fast support when needed most
Requests are normally answered within one working day (24 hours).
Veracity – the DNV GL industry platform
My Services brings together DNV GL’s wide range of competencies, data sources and services. This open industry platform includes a marketplace where you can access all of the DNV GL digital services and applications, but also services from third parties. Veracity is a secure platform for digital innovation and industry collaboration.
Customers can manage their DNV GL-classed vessels or projects using one channel.
Contact us in case of further questions: email@example.comCyber Security – leverages a systematic approach to assess the cybersecurity of vessels and their interaction with landbased management, and create counter-strategies Port State Control Planner – gives an overview of PSC performance which can then be benchmarked, plus a range of tools for targeted inspection preparation Smart Survey Booking SSB – helps customers find the best time and place to book a survey or combine surveys, with least possible travel and costs Electronic class and statutory certificates – are available worldwide for the entire DNV GL fleet and are both easy and safe to share with all stakeholders Drone-based surveys and inspections – simplify existing survey processes to assess the structure of and coating inside tanks, jack-up legs and others Maritime Software Solutions - complete and user-friendly solutions for data smart fleet management and operations