LNGi is the unique LNG intelligence portal from DNV GL. It provides worldwide and continuously updated information on the entire LNG ship fuel value chain. LNGi aims to support newbuild and conversion decision-making and business development, and accelerate the uptake of LNG as ship fuel.
Overcome the obstacle of low transparency
Although the availability and usage of LNG has developed considerably over the past two years, there are still many obstacles to overcome for LNG to become a mainstream fuel alternative.
There is a lot of information on LNG available to the public, but the rising number of new plans and projects makes it difficult to determine what is valid and to maintain a good overview.
One of the major barriers to the accelerated uptake of LNG as ship fuel is still the uncertainty regarding LNG availability. Experience gained by DNV GL indicates that more ship owners would consider LNG as fuel if reliable information regarding LNG availability was accessible. Given these obstacles to LNG uptake, DNV GL invites the industry to collaborate and maintain the necessary overview through LNGi.
Access optionsLNG Fuel Finder (free)
- Use the LNG Fuel Finder to submit and see LNG bunkering requests
- Download the latest statistics on the uptake of LNG as fuel
- LNG bunkering facilities map
- LNG-fuelled fleet statistics
- Infrastructure statistics
- Scrubber statistics
- Details of bunker requests in the LNG Fuel Finder
- Possibility to contact ship owner who has submitted bunkering request
LNG Fuel Finder (free)
The LNG Fuel Finder allows anyone to submit LNG bunkering requests with the aim to connect with LNG bunker suppliers. Bunker requests can be made anonymously. Users can also see the locations of all submitted LNG bunkering requests (only information regarding the locations is revealed).
Users can also download graphs, statistics and illustrations for status of LNG-fuelled ships, LNG bunkering projects and scrubber installations for use in presentations. They are updated regularly.
LNGi membership (paid)
Get the most comprehensive insight available with an LNGi membership. LNGi membership provides a detailed and visual insight into existing and planned LNG bunker opportunities, complemented by thorough statistics and market data of LNG-fuelled fleets and other fuel alternatives.
- Interactive map of existing and planned bunkering infrastructure for LNG and other fuel alternatives, with continuously updated and detailed project data
- Heat map and vessel positions of the existing LNG-fuelled fleet’s trading area and LNG bunker vessels using AIS
- Detailed statistics of LNG-fuelled ships in operation and on order
- Overview of scrubber uptake, scrubber type and supplier market shares
LNGi premium membership (paid)
The premium membership is only applicable to LNG suppliers and gives access to the details of LNG bunkering requests submitted by ship owners and charterers via the LNG Fuel Finder. LNG suppliers can respond to requests of interest for a nominal fee.
All income generated from members will be used to maintain, expand and enhance the portal to further accelerate investments in LNG fuel.
LNGi fee structure
SGMF and SEA\LNG members receive a 20% discount on the yearly fees shown above. *Plus EUR 100 per viewed LNG bunker request (to see company name and contact details). This information is available only to LNG suppliers with a premium membership.
Benefits of LNGi:
- Assess the availability and attractiveness of LNG fuel for specific routes and newbuilds
- Save time and cost on mapping LNG availability on your own, while also improving the quality of information
- Understand the current market development and evaluate the status of the uptake of LNG fuel and competing technologies in your segment
- Get up-to-date information regarding potential LNG suppliers for specific projects
- Have an efficient source of information for business development and planning
- Get details and clear insights for a more informed fuel decision-making process