As the deadline for the global sulphur cap is getting closer, many uncertainties still remain, making the job of preparing vessels for the fuel switch more challenging. This webinar provides the latest information and recommendations as seen from DNV GL’s perspective, and also includes a short summary of the IMO MEPC 74 meeting which took place in London from 13 to 17 May 2019.
The recorded webinar "Global Sulphur Cap 2020 - be prepared for compliance" covers the following topics:
- The regulatory framework, including an MEPC 74 meeting summary
- The latest update on scrubbers
- A review of the fuel switch options, including their associated risks
- The IMO's recommended Ship Implementation Plan (SIP)
- An "exclusive checklist" for 2020 global sulphur cap compliance
This webinar is relevant to ship owners and managers, shipyards, but also other stakeholders in the maritime industry can benefit.
The presenters are Fabian Kock, Head of Environmental Certification; Kristian Johnsen, Group Leader MARPOL; Alexander Strøm, Principal Engineer; and Christos Chryssakis, Business Development Manager, all from DNV GL - Maritime.