IMO DCS (Data Collection System) reporting starts on 1 January 2019. Whilst the EU MRV (Monitoring, Reporting, Verification) scheme focuses on CO2 emissions from shipping activities to, from and within the EU area, the IMO DCS scheme covers emissions from shipping globally. DNV GL offers a comprehensive service to facilitate easy and effective compliance with the regimes.
The webinar "IMO DCS and EU MRV – emissions reporting made easy" covers:
- Short recap of the IMO DCS and IMO MRV regimes
- Expectations to owners and DNV GL’s role as verifier
- How to achieve compliance
- Demo of the DNV GL app to generate and submit SEEMP Part II for approval
- Recommendations towards compliance and where to find further information
The presenter was Tore Longva, Principal Consultant, International Regulatory Affairs at DNV GL - Maritime.