- Keywords: PSC, Maritime
Relevant for ship owners and managers of container ships, ferries/RoRos, MPVs, OSVs and similar.
The objectives of the inspections will be the following:
- Measure compliance with the requirements of the applicable international conventions;
- Ensure that the Master, Officers, and Crew are familiar with procedures for cargo securing arrangements; and,
- Raise awareness of the hazards associated with cargo securing and with safe practices for cargo securing.
When deficiencies are found, actions by the port state may vary - from recording a deficiency and instructing the master to rectify it within a certain period, to detaining the ship until serious deficiencies have been rectified.
The full Tokyo MoU press release and its questionnaire (Checklist) for the CIC are attached.
In addition, the DNV GL Maritime Academy will offer a short online training session (smart-up) that will cover in 45 minutes additional information on the checklist items for both CIC topics on 17 August 2016.
Further information is available here. Registration for “PSC – Getting Prepared for the 2016 CIC” can be done there.
- Get familiarized with the Tokyo MoU questionnaire for the CIC on Cargo Securing Arrangements
- Inform the crew
- Consider joining the online training session on offer.
- Tokyo MoU Press Release (see download below, page 2)
- Tokyo MoU Questionnaire for the Concentrated Inspection Campaign (see download below, page 5)