DNV GL has published this year’s first issue of the classification society’s ship type publication Cruise Update. It covers emerging trends in the cruise shipping industry.
This issue looks back to when the cruise industry started out and addresses the challenges and opportunities the sector faces today. It includes the following topics:
- The inventor of modern cruise – An interview with Knut Utstein Kloster, a pioneer of cruise ship design
- Effective and efficient risk management – How to prepare for complex challenges
- Quantum leap – Quantum of the Seas marks the next generation of cruise ships
- Cruise shipping in China – New ports and ships will ensure further rapid growth in the Far East
- Scrubbers, LNG or a combination – Engine manufacturer Wärtsilä shares insights on sustainable technology solutions
- Carnival Corporation – Looking behind the scenes of the world’s biggest cruise line
- Environmental regulations – What the cruise industry needs to do to prepare
The Cruise Update will be distributed to the customers and stakeholders and is available for download in our publications section.