DNV GL has published this year’s third issue of the classification society’s customer and stakeholder magazine Maritime Impact. It covers innovation and technology trends in shipping and features outstanding projects with our industry partners.
The theme of the issue is: ‘You never sail alone’. “The maritime industry is currently going through many changes. But there is one thing that does not change, and that is the importance of building relationships and supporting our customers,” says Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen, CEO of DNV GL – Maritime. “In this issue we look at a great range of different projects from innovative vessel designs and retrofits through to digital solutions for the maritime industry. We also have set a special focus on the development and implications of the new DNV GL rule set, which enters into force on 1 January 2016.”
Some of the standout topics from this issue of Maritime Impact include:
- The new DNV GL rule set – Maritime Impact explains why and how the new rules set a new benchmark in ship classification
- Going green pays off – The United Arab Shipping Company speaks to Maritime Impact about their fleet expansion programme
- LNG in bulk – Oshima Shipbuilding teams up with DNV GL to develop a new concept for an LNG-fuelled bulk carrier
- Successful surgery – How to increase a container ship’s TEU capacity by 30 per cent
- Strengthening the weakest link – DNV GL guideline addresses the lack of common standards in jacking gear maintenance
- Waking up to smart shipping – How digital solutions can help the industry achieve its true potential
- Emerging powerhouse – China has the potential to become the world’s largest cruise market
Maritime Impact magazine is now available for download on the DNV GL website here.