- Author: Simon Adams
- Keywords: Maritime, Maritime
“One of the benefits of having such a rapidly growing user community is that we are always getting new ideas and input from our customers,” says Dr Torsten Büssow, DNV GL’s head of fleet performance management. “There has been a very positive response to ECO Insight in the market with more than 400 vessels having signed up since January this year. But what has been even more exciting is the engagement of our customers. They are continually looking to innovate, even within our solution, and we are happy to work with them to meet their needs. This new version is the direct result of their input and feedback.”
The new version of ECO Insight now offers several major new features, including:
- A complete satellite weather feed allowing the user to compare reported with measured weather.
- Automatically generated PDF reports to be send periodically to predefined recipients, e.g. the crew can in this way get a performance comparison against sister vessels to see how and why they are performing differently.
- Additional speed consumption baselines, alongside the existing speed power, engine or market segment baselines, can be inserted to reflect significant benchmarks, for example: the terms of the charter party, post dry dock status, or the sea trial.
- A complete fuel consumption simulation depending on speed, draft and trim of the vessel allows fuel oil consumption predictions for planning purposes.
A host of additional features and analytics, such as displaying hull degradation now also as speed loss, are part of the release. All users will get an automatic update of the solution today without further user effort.
DNV GL’s performance management portal ECO Insight provides a comprehensive and easily accessible way to manage the performance of a fleet, including voyage, hull & propeller, engine & systems and fuel performance. It enriches customers’ own fleet reports with industry data, such as Automatic Identification System (AIS), satellite weather, or fuel quality, and provides unique benchmarking capabilities. Advanced engineering methods, for example hull fouling prediction and vessel baseline normalizations based on CFD, are also packaged into the portal.
Navigator Insight ensures high quality data collection on board through smart plausibility checks against specific vessel particulars. The solution taps into existing data collection processes on board, so there are no changes required to existing procedures. There is no hardware investment needed and the solution can be implemented in only eight to twelve weeks for a complete fleet. Optionally, it also covers environmental reporting standards such as CCWG, ESI, CSI and the upcoming MRV.
Please visit performance.dnvgl.com to learn more.
About DNV GL
Driven by its purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, the company’s 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping their customers in the maritime, oil & gas, energy and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener. For more information visit www.dnvgl.com/maritime