As the oil and gas industry evolves, new technical regulations related to operational safety are introduced and constantly being updated. Furthermore, operators need to demonstrate regulatory compliance to several stakeholders, in times when non-compliant operations can have significant business, financial and reputational costs.
Moreover, internal factors bring additional compliance challenges - changes in the company’s management system, practices/procedures, and in the operational envelope, reinforce the importance of a robust management of change (MoC) process to ensure compliance throughout the entire lifecycle.
DNV GL will develop a digital solution that will allow automated dynamic compliance management. Fully customizable, it will link regulations to companies’ management systems by means of indexing, enabling automated two-way gap assessments and proposition of respective actions, supporting the implementation of a robust MoC process.
- Cost-efficient compliance management through increased accuracy and decreased man-hours
- Easier audit preparation, tracking and follow-up of actions and shorter response times
- A compliance dashboard (for desktop/mobile), with customizable access levels and detailed compliance status linked to action plans will provide more transparency, easier communication and increased stakeholder engagement
- Increased regulators' confidence
- Direct access to DNV GL compliance experts.
- More efficient compliance management:
- Shorter audit planning/preparation periods
- Potential savings of 1-2 full-time employees
- Avoiding 1-3 days of interrupted operations by regulators in the case of non-compliance.