Latest project updates
- Launch meeting
A launch meeting was held at Høvik 11 February 2016 for interested parties. The feedback to the initial proposal has been incorporated in the project and the final JIP proposal will be sent to interested parties during Q2 2016.
- Project kick-off
The JIP is tentatively scheduled to commence with a kick-off meeting 13 September 2016. This meeting will be open for parties that have agreed to participate in the JIP. For parties interested in participation, please use the contact information below.
The kick-off meeting will be held at the DNV GL offices at Høvik. However, for those unable to travel, there will also be video rooms set up at DNV GL’s offices in Houston and Stavanger.
A number of differing requirements for welding of subsea pressure containing equipment exists today, from the major oil and gas operator’s company specific requirements to other standards such as API, ASME and ISO.
- Develop a guideline that harmonizes requirements with regards to welding of subsea pressure containing equipment, including inspection requirements of the welds.
- Reduced cost and time while improving quality through reduced project uncertainty and non-value added work
- Reduced amount of qualification work performed in each project
- Enable procurement and pre-stocking of welded components.
- Lead time reduction up to 6 months. Achievable with standardized welding requirements and reuse of welding procedures.
- >NOK 150 million higher NPV due to earlier start-up*.
*Calculated from reuse of 30 WPS and 3 months earlier start-up for a subsea producing 6 mill. barrels over 7 years.