Using live feeds from a smart phone or tablet, our customers can gain secure access to DNV GL’s global network of technical assurance experts, while cutting the cost of on-site inspections and surveys by as much as 60%, compared to physical surveys.
Keep on schedule even when travel is restricted
Remote survey provides flexibility. It is an ideal solution for performing surveys when travel is restricted, or when on-site attendance could be too costly. Watch our webinar and learn how we removed travel-related scheduling delays in projects for our customers.
By reducing the need to travel to site, the risk of delays to survey schedules is also reduced. Instead of booking a survey weeks in advance, remote survey makes it easy to connect quickly with the most relevant DNV GL expert for the job, whether they’re based in Aberdeen or Abu Dhabi.
Hundreds of experts at your fingertips
Remote survey allows us to call on individual subject-matter expertise from the global network of specialists behind the oil and gas industry’s leading standards and best practices to be present for a live survey or provide expert opinion from the data we capture.
Our remote survey solution is governed by DNV GL’s complete risk-based processes and guidance, ensuring the highest levels of safety, integrity and reliability.
Extensive project experience
We have applied remote survey solutions to a wide range of assurance projects on four continents, working in partnership with companies across the supply chain to develop rigorous risk-based processes and guidance so that our customers can trust it to deliver.
Remote survey can be more accurate than the naked eye, capturing and storing video footage. The technology that we use has logged more than a million remote expert minutes and is in use by a broad range of industry players including Shell and Transocean.
How does it work?
Remote survey is based on convenient and low-cost live-feed technology used through smartphones or tablets.
- Your appointed DNV GL surveyor contacts the on-site customer representative live through the system
- The DNV GL expert guides on-site personnel through the survey
- The remote survey technology used by DNV GL captures and streams high-quality audio visuals, even in low-bandwidth areas such as through satellite connection offshore, or in areas with reduced mobile phone coverage using smart phones or cameras
- The survey footage is stored on secure military-grade servers
- The report or certification will be issued in the office and sent to our customers electronically.