Competitive markets services
Country Manager and Business Line Leader Energy Insights
DNV GL supports its clients by expanding the new frontiers of competitive energy through strategic consulting, in-depth content, and constructive communities.
Sellers of energy face rapidly changing technology, market, and regulatory environments in both openly competitive and regulated markets. Understanding how those currents are flowing and knowing how they could change in the future is critical to energy market participants for developing and executing strategies that will help them to thrive in this competitive landscape.
Competitive energy markets advisory services
Leveraging its experience, knowledge and capabilities in energy markets and technologies, DNV GL helps its clients to tackle strategic decisions about:
- Acquisition due diligence and strategy – understand what you are buying and which are the best companies to target
- Competitive energy dynamics and industry trends – capturing growth opportunities and competitive threats
- Deep-dive competitor assessment – go-to-market and product strategies
- Business model evaluation and design
- Analysis of state, federal programs & incentives – impact on products and services adoption (e.g., demand response, solar, thermal, energy storage)
- Wholesale and retail renewable generation trends and impacts
Retail Energy Market (REM) service
DNV GL’s REM service keeps market players up to date on who is winning the market share battle, which products and services are being offered, where customers are choosing competitive supply, as well as forecasts of market activity and opportunities in key markets. REM clients gain intelligible insight into developments in retail electricity markets, such as mergers and acquisitions, products, as well as federal and state laws and regulations that create new market opportunities or challenges.
The service is an annual subscription of five reports, delivered twenty times during the year. All of this is delivered via DNV GL’s data platform and industry ecosystem, Veracity.
To learn more about DNV GL’s REM service, please see our service prospectus.
To enhance the expertise and knowledge required to successfully navigate competitive markets, DNV GL brings together a network of hundreds of executives from across industry sectors to engage as a community and define the future of energy. With year-round conversations and collaboration, we offer valuable insights into industry trends and market updates and is the best opportunity to stay ahead of the competitive energy market, meet the industry’s leading players and get deals done.