Due to an increasing number of new regulations, conversion projects can be quite challenging. New structures are blended with existing ones and the availability of original documentation may be limited.
Our years of experience have shown that an efficient conversion needs efficient communication. A good working relationship between class, yard and designer is essential.
Together, we identify and address class and statutory requirements while integrating commercial realities and build schedules. Information exchange is obviously at the heart of such a relationship and is a focus of everything we do when it comes to your conversion project.
In conversion projects we aim to:
- Exchange information: Drawings, general arrangement and conversion specifications
- Identify and discuss possible areas of concern focusing on the “way forward”
- Develop the draw an approval schedule to match commercial requirements
- Establish the extent of class involvement, the required documentation for submittal and when this should be submitted
Enhance the value of your in-service fleet – and your profits – with DNV GL:
- A worry-free and smooth process for starting your conversion project – thanks to the experts at DNV GL
- Easy communication due to a dedicated project coordinator who will coordinate all matters of your conversion project
- DNV GL is your hassle-free one-stop shop for your conversion project