DP Capability Assessment
Calculation of vessel DP capability based on standard DNVGL-ST-0111.
Transparent and consistent DP capability assessments
Reliable vessel station-keeping capability studies are vital for the planning and execution of safe and reliable operations with dynamic positioning (DP) vessels. Therefore, the DP capability should be clearly understood and documented both for intact and, more important, after equipment failures. The DP capability application allows quick and systematic assessments of the DP capability of vessels through an intuitive interface. Results are displayed immediately to the user, and the application automatically generates a report.
Multi-level analysis based on DNVGL-ST-0111
This application runs analyses according to Level 1, Level 2 and Level 2-site requirements in the DNVGL-ST-0111 standard:
- The Level 1 is a prescriptive static method for ship-shaped mono-hull vessel DP Capability.
- DP Capability Level 2 allows for a more comprehensive quasi-static method including vessel specific adjustment in the calculation.
- Level 2-site allows the user to run analyses with site-specific environmental conditions and external forces such as forces form riser, pipes and mooring lines.
Intuitive and flexible interface
The user interface is intuitive and guides the user with inline help and messages. The main features of the application:
- Working with vessel fleets all vessel data are recorded and reusable later.
- Import and export of vessel data.
- Immediate calculations, results and visualisation.
- Reporting functionality with downloadable PDF file.
- Input data checking.
- Usable with the most common power and propulsion configurations.
- Easy-to-request approval of DP capability plots.
- Exporting of results in the CVS format.
Free and Premium versions available
The basic Level 1 calculation is free of charge. Extended functionalities in the Level 1 calculation, Level 2 and Level 2-site calculations are paid services. The basic Level 1 free calculation will be still sufficient to fulfill the requirements of the DNV GL DP class rules for ship-shaped, mono-hull new buildings.