Electrical Systems Integrity Management (ESIM)
Principal Engineer, Offshore Classification – In-service Development
Get in touch with your local officeFind office details
ESIM is an alternative to traditional calendar based survey for electrical equipment and components
Performing inspection and testing the traditional way results in operational downtime and little flexibility to utilize opportunities in operation to perform testing and inspection.
ESIM survey arrangement includes:
- Use of alternative test methods (fault simulations, isolation and local testing, built in test functionalities, etc.)
- Inspection and testing partly performed by owners qualified personnel
- Inspection and testing performed on a continuous basis
Read more in our rules "DNVGL-RU-OU-0300" available here.
The main benefits you will get with Electrical Systems Integrity Management:
- Reduced out of service time and impact of testing
- More optimal inspection and testing planning