Performing inspection and testing in the traditional way results in operational downtime and little flexibility to utilize opportunities in operations to perform testing and inspection.
The ESIM survey arrangement includes
- The use of alternative test methods (fault simulations, isolation and local testing, built-in test functionalities, etc.)
- Inspection and testing partly performed by the owner's qualified personnel
- Inspection and testing performed on a continuous basis
Read more in our rules "DNVGL-RU-OU-0300" available here.
The main benefits you will get with Electrical Systems Integrity Management:
- Reduced out-of-service time and impact of testing
- More optimal inspection planning
- More flexibility
- Integration between inspection, testing and maintenance