Electrical Systems Integrity Management (ESIM)
ESIM is an alternative to traditional calendar-based surveys for electrical equipment and components
Performing inspection and testing in the traditional way results in operational downtime and little flexibility to utilize opportunities in operations to perform testing and inspection.
The ESIM survey arrangement includes
- The use of alternative test methods (fault simulations, isolation and local testing, built-in test functionalities, etc.)
- Inspection and testing partly performed by the owner's qualified personnel
- Inspection and testing performed on a continuous basis
Read more in our rules "DNVGL-RU-OU-0300" available here.
The main benefits you will get with Electrical Systems Integrity Management:
- Reduced out-of-service time and impact of testing
- More optimal inspection planning
- More flexibility
- Integration between inspection, testing and maintenance