Emergency Response Service (ERS™)
Our ERS™ experts are on call 24/7 with the right advice and support to ensure that an emergency doesn’t end in a disaster.
Emergencies at sea strike unexpectedly and may involve risk to life, property and environment. During the first few hours of an incident, timely and correct decisions must be made to enable successful incident management.
By enrolling your vessels or offshore units with our Emergency Response Service (ERS™), you leave the evaluation of complex post-damage stability and strength to the experts. We have more than 4,000 vessels enrolled in the service – making DNV GL a world-leading emergency response provider.
ERS™ has experienced experts on duty 24/7, only a phone call away, ready to support you with correct decision-making competence – even when the stability and residual strength calculations of the vessel after an incident exceed Class rule requirements and international regulations.
Benefits of ERS™Get back to normal business quickly thanks to our ERS™ support:
- Precise and verified advice on how to improve your vessel’s or MOU’s condition in an emergency situation, with a plan for the quickest return to operation.
- 24/7 access to damage stability and residual strength experts for immediate support to vessels in distress.
- Communication checks and damage case scenario exercises for effective and reliable crew training.
- Evaluation of your emergency response plan using referenced best practices so you can improve and gain confidence.
- Compliance with relevant international regulations and requirements:
- MARPOL Annex I, Ch. 5, Reg. 37.4,
- Oil Pollution Act 33 CFR 155.240 (OPA ‘90),
- SOLAS Ch. II-1, Pt. B-1, Reg. 8-1 (Safe Return to Port)
- ERS™ also fulfils all requirements of the OCIMF Guidelines on Capabilities of Emergency Response Services
• ERS™ is available for all ship types, offshore units and inland waterway vessels, independent of class and flag.