National energy policy sets the major framework necessary to secure a sustainable and efficient energy industry. Moreover governments and industry are committed to comply with international regional and supra-regional agreements to secure a clean environment, security of energy supply and the efficient use of energy.
Typical examples of energy policy measures requiring new industry rules and business approaches include emissions trading, installation of wind power, demand side management and diversification of energy supply.
DNV GL has been involved in numerous projects worldwide to design and implement energy policies dealing with policy formulation for regional authorities, national and local governments, dealing with emission reduction plans and green certificate trading systems.
We have carried out a large number of technical and economic studies focusing on:
- supporting programs for renewable energy and CHP
- encouragement of investment to support security of supply
- diversification of energy supply
- integration of distributed generation
- demand side managements and
- efficiency use of energy.