Energy system simulation
Whether you have a newbuilding/retrofit project, or fleet in service, we offer solutions and assessments for optimized operations.
What technical solutions work best for your vessel or MOU? How can you assess your existing design and operations as well as the current business case of your future design? Efficiency is key, so how can you optimize it?
With our experts at your side, you are ready to profit from more flexible and fuel efficient ships over a broad speed range. Or is your machinery system no longer in tune with the design? Then boost its performance with our holistic, multidisciplinary approach.
Pre-contract machinery and system arrangement advice
We support you in taking control of your outline specification, providing you with improved solutions and lower life-cycle costs. Our approach uses AIS data, from which we then establish alternatives targeting a low EEDI.
Retrofit machinery and systems evaluation
When it comes to the retrofitting, our experts provide solutions for verifying or gaining more energy efficiency – tailor-made to your vessels’ or offshore unit’s operating needs and conditions.
Simulation of ship energy systemsWe simulate and analyze the on-board energy flow based on your interests and needs. This service covers the simulation of the main and auxiliary engines, cooling cycles, LNG processes including two phases in the tank, the energy conversion within power, gas and steam turbines and waste heat recovery.
Optimization of ship operating systems
We evaluate, analyse and optimize the design and the performance of systems and components. Our unique approach finds the right engine system arrangement for the intended transport.
DNV GL is your reliable partner for helping you save money through energy efficiency:
- Achieve substantial life-cycle cost savings for your new vessel or series of vessels
- Gain the competitive edge you need to further succeed in a tough market
- Benefit from emission reduction for your vessel
- Profit from increased charter and second-hand market premiums, thanks to a more fuel-efficient ship or MOU
- Benefit from an upgraded machinery set-up saving hundreds of kilowatts of electrical power
- Get support when selecting a shipyard and reputable designer