Environmental Passport for Design (EP-D)
The EP-D for new vessels is proof of eco-friendly ship design and equipment, giving you an even stronger competitive advantage.
Due to the demand for proof of greener shipping, you as a shipowner want documentation that shows your newbuilding meets the current and future standards of environmentally friendly design.
Show that you go above and beyond the applicable environmental legislative worldwide standards for shipping. This not only boosts your image, but also gives you even better conditions for chartering and leading negotiations with customers.
Based on our carefully selected levels of environmental-friendliness, we certify ships by offering a voluntary class notation. With the Environmental Passport for Design (EP-D), you can demonstrate improved environmental protection beyond current standards on a voluntary basis – thus proving to your customers that you are committed to greener transport.
The voluntary EP-D class notation for newbuildings:
- Addresses technical requirements related to the environmental-friendliness of ship design and equipment
- Documents compliance with all the relevant MARPOL regulations and other environment-related IMO conventions
- Surpasses regulations by also addressing some carefully selected upcoming requirements, such as those on ballast water management systems, ship recycling, bilge water separation and refrigerants
Take advantage of DNV GL’s smart EP-D notation:
- Documents your commitment through an independent third party to providing environmentally friendly ship design – your key differentiator in a highly competitive market
- It is future-proof, allowing you to reduce the environmental impact of your new ships beyond the requirements of relevant regulations
- Regular updates take into account updated mandatory regulations and to reflect expected future regulatory requirements
- Increases your ship’s reselling capability, as there is a strong demand on the market for greener ships