Torild R. Nissen-Lie
Head of Section
Addressing the environmental opportunities and challenges of designing and operating oil and gas installations
Oil and gas installations need to be designed and operated in compliance with national requirements, industry standards and company practices. The goal is to achieve high environmental performance without excessive costs.
We support operators, EPC companies and yards across the entire lifecycle of oil and gas projects, from exploration to decommissioning. We implement systematic approaches to support and document the decision process for Best Available Techniques (BAT), Leak Detection Systems, and Environmental Critical Elements (ECEs)
DNV GL is a recognized third party service provider with a global network of experts. We perform reviews and verification of designs and installations according to standards such as the NORSOK S-003 Environmental Care.
We advise on sound technical solutions that in a cost efficient manner meet authority requirements and contribute to high environmental performance, reduced environmental risk and increased energy efficiency.
This service covers:
- Environmental Hazard Identification workshops (HAZID/ENVID)
- BAT assessments using proven and documented method
- Assessment of leak detection and remote-sensing techniques for offshore fields, for early detection of oil spills
- ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Practicable) and cost/benefit assessments
- Energy management (ISO 50 001) and energy efficiency advisory
- Development of environmental budgets
- Integrated approach for safety and environmental barrier management, including development of performance standards for ECE
- Reviews and verification of drilling rigs and installations against standards such as NORSOK S-003.