Exhaust gas emission measurements
Supporting engine makers and ship owners, DNV GL Envilab provides state-of-the-art exhaust gas emission measurements directly on site, whenever and wherever needed.
Reflecting the ongoing global efforts towards a cleaner environment, regulations for marine diesel engines becoming more and more stricter. New IMO NOx emission limits are in force since January 2016.
With more than 20 years of experience in exhaust gas emission measurement DNV GL Envilab provides state-of-the-art measurement equipment as well as comprehensive knowledge on exhaust gas emissions – ISO 17025 accredited. So you can rest assured knowing that you have reliable measurement results from an expert team which is accepted by the authorities.
With DNV GL, you do not need to invest in your own analyzer equipment or fit it up by consulting experts – we take care of everything for you. Because our equipment is mobile, we can take measurements directly on board the vessel as well as at the manufacturer’s premises. This ensures added convenience and support when and where you need it.
Our exhaust gas emission measurements cover:
- Test-bed and on-board measurements according to the IMO MARPOL NOx Technical Code 2008, RVIR Guideline 16 and 97/68 EG for diesel engines (off-road applications)
- Gaseous components, incl. NOx, CO, CO2, O2 , HCs, NMHC and SOx
- Pollutant particle emissions such as particulate matter (PM), opacity or smoke number (FSN)
The exhaust gas measurement service from DNV GL is your ticket to showing regulation compliance:
- Laboratory follows ISO 17025 accredited processes for testing laboratories
- Worldwide availability, with minimum disruption to your work processes, thanks to the use of mobile equipment
- Measurements comply with the latest regulations to ensure acceptance by all authorities
- Expert guidance throughout the process
- Cost and time savings through the use of state-of-the-art equipment