Vibration requirements are becoming stricter, putting increased pressure on yards and designers. Likewise, comfort is essential for gaining a competitive edge when it comes to passenger ships and winning seafarers.
We have the leading-edge competence and advanced tools needed to provide accurate analysis of vibration behaviour – for both ships and offshore structures.
Backed by our extensive experience in the field of noise and vibration, we can then expertly analyse the results and use them as a basis for the evaluation of compliance with the vibration levels specified for your particular vessel.
As a valued partner to yards and designers, we can also propose possible modifications to the design at an early stage to ensure a reduced risk of excessive vibration.
Thanks to our unique, holistic methods, we are able to compare the influence of different design variants within a very short period of time. Specifically, our tools for predicting the excitations stemming from the propulsion train, e.g. the propeller or main engine, are one-of-a-kind in the industry.
Team up with DNV GL for all your global vibration analysis needs:
- Minimise the risk of exceeding contractual vibration limits
- Reduce future maintenance and repair costs as well as downtime
- Ensure compliance to DNV GL Comfort Class, ISO 6954, MLC, 2006, NORSOK or other relevant vibration standards
- Gain a competitive edge on the passenger ship market
- Receive a realistic assessment of the cost–benefit ratio of structural alterations or modification to the propulsion plant
- Benefit from the reliability that comes with over 40 years of experience in global vibration analysis