Network maintenance is crucial for keeping the grid in good shape. DNV GL can help you assess and improve your maintenance policy and program to deliver the maximum network reliability with minimal business risk and maintenance costs.
Our maintenance management services ensure you have an adequate maintenance policy, program and supporting system. As a result, you can be confident your maintenance is up-to-date and involves the right methodologies and activities to address your strategic goals.
They cover areas such as:
- a maintenance policy that translates company strategy, goals and KPIs into performance criteria
- dedicated maintenance programs that enable the realisation of company goals
- effective inspection and diagnostic methods to assess the condition and remaining life of equipment
- impact analysis and risk based maintenance decisions and prioritisation criteria
- competent staff, for both maintenance management and execution
- an effective spare parts policy and logistic system
- dedicated software support for effectively tracking maintenance needs.
A standards-based approach
We offer a wide range of maintenance management services based on international standards and best practices, including Failure Mode Effect &Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) and Risk Based Maintenance (RBM).
Using our expertise, experience and in-house tools, we support you in assessing the present quality of your maintenance policy and program, identifying improvement options, and developing and implementing improvement programs with a well-chosen and risk-based mix of corrective, periodic, condition or risk-based maintenance activities. We can also specify the requirements for effective software support and guide your asset managers through the implementation. Furthermore we can deliver, install and implement a dedicated Computerised Maintenance Management System: Cascade .
DNV GL combines in-depth technical knowledge and worldwide experience with a solid understanding of T&D business processes. Our extensive experience in risk-based decision taking allows us to fine-tune the maintenance policy and program to your specific goals and needs, aligned with the PAS 55 philosophy.
- Maintenance audit, gap analysis and benchmarking against industry best practice
- Maintenance policy and program review
- Maintenance redesign
- Optimising the use of inspection, monitoring and diagnostic methods and techniques
- Maintenance prioritisation
- Implementation of a dedicated Computerised Maintenance Management System: Cascade