Understanding hazards and the performance of assets through full scale testing and research can help you improve safety and control business and operational risks.
Situated in more than 3,500 hectares of secure Ministry of Defence land, DNV GL’s world leading Spadeadam Testing and Research facility has more than four decades of experience in conducting large-scale tests. We enable our clients to understand and control hazards in order to improve their safety and control operational and business risks.
Working closely with our clients, our team of scientists and engineers create solutions that assist businesses, across a broad range of major hazard industries, to manage their operations safely and push the technological boundaries of asset reliability and performance.
At DNV GL Spadeadam Testing and Research, we design and conduct tests to client-specific requirements in a secure, confidential, 'real world' environment. Its remote location means we can enforce large exclusion zones, so that tests of up to 1 tonne TNT equivalence can be carried out safely.
Our world-leading major hazard research and testing is supported by a network of more than 3,500 assurance and technical advisory experts, providing independent input into the safety, reliability and performance of projects and operations.
A still broader view is provided by our ongoing commitment to industry research and innovation.
What we offer:
- Remote and secure location
- Pipeline fracture propagation testing
- Explosion testing
- Research and testing of the blast resistance of materials and structures
- Fire testing
- Gas dispersion and accumulation studies (including dense phase CO2)
- PE pipe testing
- Corrosion and materials testing (including sour gas)
- Component and equipment testing
- Test and research data processing and analysis
- Hazard awareness training.