Mooring failure on a Floating Production Unit (FPU) can lead to vessel drifting, riser ruptures, production shutdown and hydrocarbon release.
DNV GL offers comprehensive mooring integrity management (MIM) that can significantly lower the risk of mooring failure. The service can include:
- Design assurance and independent verification
- Risk and reliability evaluation
- Materials and component testing
- Installation and repair
- IM planning, inspection and monitoring
- Integrity assessment
- Mitigation, intervention and repair
- Failure response
- Life extension.
Our knowledge of the mooring life cycle allows us to provide clients guidance with new designs resulting in improved reliability and serviceability.
Our laboratories provide state-of-the-art testing of mooring chain and rope. Combining testing with materials competence and product understanding ensures value for our customers throughout the mooring lifecycle.
Our Noble Denton marine service provides support to mooring installation and repair activities.
Mooring components require regular inspection and servicing throughout their operating life to meet their performance standards. DNV GL has expertise in the full spectrum of operational mooring integrity management activities.
What you get:
- Improved confidence in your mooring’s performance
- Reduced risk of lost production
- Comprehensive services throughout the life cycle
- Global expertise and experience
- Experts around the world providing uniform, consistent service.