Naval architecture and engineering
Specialised engineering analysis balanced with practical marine expertise
Safe and cost-effective marine operations demand world-class engineering support.
DNV GL structural, geotechnical, and naval architecture engineers use a unique mix of practical and analytical skills to deliver expert advice and technical analysis over the full life cycle of your project or asset.
Covering a wide range of disciplines, our technical teams work alongside seasoned master mariners, balancing efficient and sound engineering output with practical marine expertise.
Whether it be a simple lift analysis, a site assessment for a jack-up drilling unit, seafastening design, mooring and drilling riser analysis, stability analysis, or complex multi-vessel hydrodynamics, our globally-integrated network means we can deliver our specialist expertise locally, wherever your projects and operations are based.
What you get:
- Structural analysis of floating and fixed structures
- Site assessments for drilling units, including jack-ups
- Jack-up foundation assessment and leg structural analysis
- Seafastening, cribbing and related transportation analysis
- Foundation studies and analysis
- Lifting and lift point analysis (land based, floating, and sub-sea)
- Hydrostatics and hydrodynamic analysis
- Mooring and riser analysis (offshore and quayside)
- Installation analysis: rigging design, lift points, ballasting
- Float-over analysis: traditional and DP techniques.