Head of Section - Advisory Americas
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
Noise analysis by DNV GL reveals possible problem areas and estimates the amount of noise reduction required to meet requirements.
The propeller causes uncomfortable noise levels in cabins and public spaces, while low-frequency noise from the engine is annoying. Knowing your vessel’s noise levels are key to providing sufficient insulation for comfort.
Backed by over 40 years of experience in noise analysis, we have extensive competence in noise calculations. Our noise analysis identifies noise hot spots for your newbuilding project at an early design stage, enabling any issues to be solved at a low cost.
Our analysis covers:
- Prediction of noise levels on board all types of vessels and offshore installations
- Comparison with contractual international or national noise limits, such as DNV GL Comfort Class, MSC 337(91), MLC, 2006, NORSOK, etc.
- Recommendation of the most sensible and cost-effective noise-reducing measures
- Maritime-adapted SEA methods based on 3D FE global vibration models of the vessel, as well as the “wave guide” prediction method (NV590), are all validated by extensive full-scale measurements
- Furthermore, we are at the forefront when it comes to the calculation of noise generated by propellers. Our unique, in-house calculation program gives us the world-leading competence for propeller noise prediction in aft ship.
Rely on DNV GL’s experience in noise analysis:
- Ensure your crew’s and passengers’ health and safety by providing an environment in which alarms and the public address system can be heard
- Offer the highest comfort for both passengers and crew
- Meet comfort requirements for national or international regulations and voluntary class notations, such as the DNV GL – Comfort Class
- Avoid costly detention times and enjoy smooth processes
- Receive a realistic recommendation of the most cost-effective noise-reducing measures
- Benefit from the reliability that comes with over 40 years of experience in noise analysis – for all types of ships and offshore installations