Noise and vibration measurements
Head of Section - Advisory Americas
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
We offer worldwide noise and vibration measurements for newbuildings, as well as troubleshooting for vessels in service.
Noise and vibration may lead to human fatigue or fatigue of machinery and equipment. That’s why new regulations have resulted in stricter requirements related to the noise and vibration on board ships and offshore units.
Our experienced experts and automated processes mean you benefit from assessment according to the relevant rules while still on board, as well as from identification of the root cause of the problem.
Noise and vibration troubleshooting can involve many technical disciplines. We leverage our own in-house knowledge base and experience covering all the technical disciplines relevant for noise and vibration troubleshooting. We can also provide assistance wherever you are in the world within a short time frame.
Thanks to our multi-channel equipment, we are able to measure at several locations on the ship simultaneously, and hence thoroughly assess the complex vibration behaviour of ships and offshore installations. This streamlined process saves you both time and money.
Our service supports you in meeting the requirements for national or international regulations (e.g. NORSOK) and voluntary class notations such as the DNV GL – Comfort Class, the DNV GL – Vibration Class or the DNV GL – Silent Class.
Discover how DNV GL can help you save time and money with our noise and vibration measurements:
- Effective troubleshooting for reduced downtime
- Avoid fatigue damages, contract penalties or unnecessary repairs
- Streamlined process, thanks to a total service package with on-site measurements and simulations (hydrodynamic, machinery and/or structural analysis)
- Comply with various specifications
- One-stop shopping: Measurement capabilities not limited to noise and vibration (strain, pressure, motion, manoeuvring, speed/power, temperature, bollard pull, underwater, etc.)
- Benefit from a trusted, recognised and independent partner on your side