A Master's day is becoming increasingly filled with paperwork and less with nautical matters. Navigator Port reverses this trend. It assists the shipmasters in carrying out the planning and preparation of documents needed for port clearance and sailing through controlled waters. Navigator Port software reduces paperwork by up to 90%, letting the Master and officers focus on their primary responsibility: safe and sound navigation.
Management of port papers, including nautical publications
- Navigator Port software is used daily onboard several thousand ships worldwide for management of port clearance and port papers
- Constantly developed and updated based on feedback from the user community
- Weekly updates of latest rules, regulations and port information to vessels
- Dedicated DNV GL support team
Navigator Port software supports compliance
Meeting the requirements for a growing bureaucracy and increased legislative demands is a constant challenge. Navigator Port software is tailor-made to assist the Master, and allows efficient documentation of compliance with regulations and demands from stakeholders.
eNOAD and EU electronic reporting platforms
With DNV GL's Navigator Port software for port clearance you can perform electronic reporting directly to authorities - this includes the US eNOAD. Navigator Port creates xml files that are directly submitted to USCG National Vessel Movement Center (NVMC). Navigator Port also supports Singapore ePAN and delivers Excel documents used for import in electronic reporting platforms developed in European member states, as a requirement of Directive 2010/65/EU.
Port clearance benefits
- Saves subscription costs, with up-to-date nautical publications and data from UKHO ‘s Admiralty Radio Signals Vol. 6, IHS Fairplay’s “Ports and Terminals Guide”, IMO and national authorities
- More than 1600 forms and port papers required by local and national authorities worldwide are pre-filled with ship´s information and crew data
- Covers more than 13,000 ports and terminals
- Unique arrival and departure checklists for all major ports
- Electronic reporting directly to authorities, including US eNOAD
- Detailed reference to relevant national, regional and international regulations
- Transfer of Officer Matrix via Q88´s web service to OCIMF - SIRE
- Cost-efficient communication between ship and shore
- Information on ECA areas
Navigator Port - support for planning and reporting
Navigator Port is not a navigation aid, but an aid for effective planning of the passage through regulated fairways, port entries and departures as an aid for effective communication with parties concerned with the defined navigational activity. As Navigator Port relies on information from third party providers, we do our utmost to secure and present correct information. The Master of the ship always remains responsible for the planning and execution of the vessel’s navigation.
Navigator Port offers add-on modules
These add-on modules can be activated by licence holders of Navigator Port software for port clearance:
- Navigator Port - Work and Rest
The Work and Rest module provides a cost-effective way of demonstrating compliance with relevant maritime legislations (such as MLC 2006 rest hours and ILO Convention no. 180).
- Navigator Port - Passage Planner
The passage planning software module is designed to assist the navigation officer in the voyage planning process, including compliance with international legislation, guidelines and current requirements to passage planning, e.g. by charterers, PSC inspection authorities and company policies.
- Navigator Port - Shore Monitoring
The Shore Monitoring software module brings vessels closer to ship management, providing you with data and statistics for fleet monitoring and analysis of operational data, such as work and rest hours, onboard ship certificates and documents and more. Statistics and information from Navigator modules implemented onboard are presented.