Port state control (PSC) support
We provide support, information and training in PSC matters to prepare you for inspections – and are on your side at all times.
Are you prepared for the next port state control inspection? Or what do you do if your vessel is detained and cannot continue on schedule? You need a reliable partner who supports you when you need it, anywhere in the world.
Our long-standing, high port state control (PSC) performance is testimony to the quality of our services and good cooperation with our customers.
Whether you need support upon detention or want to prevent off-hire due to detention, call on us and we’ll be at your side – regardless of where you are in the world.
Rely on us when detained:
- We rapidly organise a surveyor to assist you on board
- We are more familiar with local PSC authorities and can speed up the process
As the world’s largest classification society, we are able to conduct extensive research and constant analysis to evaluate the lessons learned from detentions. This enables us to provide a range of services that support you in keeping your vessel in compliance – so you are best prepared for PSC inspections worldwide at all times.
Our range of comprehensive PSC services includes:
- PSC Planner web application: Available for all customers via VERACITY by DNV GL, overview of ones fleet’s PSC performance, helps to prepare for upcoming PSC inspections with ship specific short checklists
- PSC Toolkit - folder, quick guide and software including customizable check lists to improve your PSC performance
- Pro-active PSC risk profiling for your fleet - send inquiry
- One-day interactive PSC workshop or tailor-made trainings via DNV GL Academy
- Ad-hoc PSC seminars and training courses on request
- PSC news, additional guidance on technical topics from a PSC inspection view
- Support for preparation on Concentrated Inspection Campaigns (CIC):
- Vina del Mar will carry out a CIC from June–August 2018 on auxiliary machines
- Riyadh MoU will carry out a CIC on Propulsion and Auxiliary from Sept-Nov 2018
- US Coast Guard carries out a CIC on open lifeboats from May 2018–May 2019
- Recording of this year’s smart-up “PSC CIC 2018: Getting Prepared for the CIC on MARPOL VI" - carried out by Black Sea MoU, Indian Ocean MoU, Paris MoU and Tokyo MoU
- Further guidance on actual and previous CICs can be found under PSC news
With PSC support from DNV GL, you’re always in good hands:
- Be prepared for smooth PSC inspections to minimise the risk of deficiencies, saving you time and money
- Profit from surveyors who can discuss directly with PSC officers on board and most likely in the local language
- Know exactly which actions have to be taken to achieve the quickest possible rectification of deficiencies and/or the release of your ship